Comment moderation policy
Hacked Off moderates all comments before they are published on the site. This is not intended as censorship, simply to ensure that all comments relate to the subject being discussed to promote legitimate and insightful discussion.
Hacked Off moderators will usually approve comments if they:
• Are relevant to the topic of the article or blog post
• Are respectful, inoffensive and unthreatening towards other people, including other commenters, the writer and any subjects of the post
• Do not incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality, sexuality or any other personal characteristic
• Do not include profanities or abusive language
• Do not reveal sensitive or confidential personal information, including private contact details
• Do not impersonate or falsely represent individuals or organisations
• Are not posted with the specific intention of trolling or provoking a reaction from the Hacked Off team or other commenters
• Do not contain links or solicitations to personal websites or services
• Are not perceived as spam and have not been posted more than once in the same or multiple threads
• Do not break the law – this includes libel, condoning illegal activity, and breaking copyright
Hacked Off reads all comments. We aim to moderate comments as soon as possible. Extra time may be taken if specific research is required.
If you feel that your comment meets these criteria but has not been approved then please get in contact with us.